Sports and games are an indispensable part of a child’s life. They not only provide physical exercise to the child but also provide the kid with an opportunity to socialize. They are also crucial ingredients that help develop a child’s personality. Games and sports help the kid in establishing friendships. Being part of a team makes the child feel accepted, which eliminates insecurities. It is by establishing friendships that a child first learns to share, cooperate and communicate. Eventually the child learns how to develop relationships. Sports and games also enhance the leadership qualities in a child by participating in teams or groups. There are two types of sports for kids. One is solo play and the other is team play.
Provided the very crucial role that games and sports play in a child’s overall development, it becomes difficult for parents to choose the right sport for their child. However, the best option is to let a child decide a sport based on his/her interest. Even in case of the parents choosing a sport activity for a child, the interest and preference of the child needs to be given top priority. In fact, the best available option that parents have is to encourage their children play different sports seasonally.
Some of the most popular sports games kids include:
1. Soccer: Is a game that would help enhance the eye- foot coordination and foot dexterity of the child.
2. Swimming: Is another sport which aids in the physical development of the child. Keeps the body flexible.
3. Martial Arts: it is a sport that helps the child grow emotionally as well as mentally. It teaches defense techniques and inculcates qualities such as patience, discipline in the child. It builds the physical ability of the child.
4. Gymnastics: it trains the child in spatial awareness, static and dynamic balance, flexibility, etc building upon the ability of the child.
5. Weight lifting: it keeps the muscles in shape and strong and teaches the child how to keep record of…