Overwatch fans have questions. Here are the answers.
Overwatch director Jeff Kaplan checked in with Wired recently and took part in the site’s tech support via Twitter video series.
The results, embedded above, have something for every kind of Overwatch fan. The questions range from serious to whimsical, and Kaplan’s answers are pretty entertaining so we won’t spoil them for you – but here’s a summary of what is asked, along with time stamps:
Did you have questions Kapalan didn’t answer? Maybe our Overwatch guide will help.
- 0:08 – Why is Genji so cool?
- 0:25 – Will Junkrat’s treasure ever be revealed?
- 0:42 – Why does Overwatch Competitive Mode rank based on win loss ratios rather than individual skill?
- 1:39 – Why hasn’t Blizzard nerfed Reaper?
- 2:09 – Why is Widowmaker blue?
- 2:53 – How can I increase my frame rate while playing Overwatch?
- 3:33 – Why can Reinhardt attack while moving at full speed, while other tanks slow down?
- 4:20 – What can I do about idlers during placement matches?
- 5:01 – What is a “tobelstein” and why is Zarya so into it?
- 5:41 – Why is Reaper lurking like a goth in the Overwatch holiday comic?
- 5:58 – What’s the point of skins when you can’t see your character in Overwatch?
- 6:47 – Why is Symmetra classed as Support and not Defence?
- 7:40 – Lore-wise, how do Zenyatta’s orbs work?
- 8:30 – What do I do if I broke my Overwatch disc?
- 8:52 – How come I’m not good at Overwatch after 200 hours played?
- 9:50 – Will downloading mods for other games trigger Overwatch’s cheat detection?
- 10:12 – Do Overwatch heroes like pineapple on pizza?
- 10:45 – Why is the Heroes of the Storm Hanamura map payload themed?
- 11:30 – Why can’t I tell whether I’ll switch sides in Quickplay mode?
- 12:05 – Why is overtime in Overwatch?
- 12:49 – Will Overwatch be coming to Mac?
- 13:13 – How can I see my national rank in Overwatch?
- 13:54 – Why do Overwatch fans read Roadhog as sweet when he’s cruel and…