- Joey Barton climbed Ben Lomond during time away from Rangers training
- Barton was said to be involved in heated exchange at training ground
- Rangers midfielder was banned but was set to return to action on Tuesday
- Club have now said Barton will remain away from club for a further week
- Barton has been charged by the SFA for allegedly betting on 44 matches
Joey Barton made the most of his time away from Rangers training as he climbed Ben Lomond on Monday.
Officially due to return to training on Tuesday following a month-long absence, including a three-week ban imposed as punishment for a dressing-room bust-up, the 34-year-old midfielder has been officially told to stay away for at least another week.
So the former Burnley man decided to get away from Glasgow…